Press Release: Startup Weekend Comes to Nairobi
What is Startup Weekend?
Startup Weekend is an event that brings together programmers, developers, marketers, designers, startup enthusiasts among other diverse groups, to form groups and develop viable business ideas in 54 hours. It is a weekend-long, hands-on experience where entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs can find out if their startup ideas are viable. On average, half of Startup Weekend’s attendees have technical backgrounds- the other half have business backgrounds.
Startup Weekend is an NGO based in San Francisco, US, and has so far organized startup events in about35 countries and 120 cities.
Startup Weekend Nairobi
Startup Weekend Nairobi will look to not only bring together technology entrepreneurs, but also individuals from sectors such as agriculture, education, communication, among others.
Startup Weekend Nairobi will be held on February 24th -26th, 2011, and will offer exciting prizes for the winners of the challenge.
Why should YOU attend?
- Education: Startup Weekends are all about learning. Expect to learn a new skill, a new programming or business language and more so, a new way of thinking.
- Enlarged network: Startup Weekend works hard to recruit high-quality, driven entrepreneurs – like you! You will create relationships that last long past the weekend.
- Learn how to launch a business: The goal of the weekend is for you to go from idea to launch in 54 hours.
- Get face time with local and international mentors: Tech and start-up leaders mentor and participate in Startup Weekends. They interact with event participants sharing experiencesand giving business related advice.
- Get access to valuable start-up resources: By participating in Startup Weekend, you are given instant access to great products and tools. No one leaves Startup Weekend empty handed.
The 3-day event will be held at the Nailab, which is on the 4th floor of Bishop Magua Center, Ngong Road, opposite Uchumi Hyper, with the break-out sessions being held at the GrowthHub, locate at Cape Office Park, Ring Road.
The participatory fee for the event is Kes 2,000. For those attending the event finale on 26th February only, the entrance fee will be Kes 500.
Startup Weekend Nairobi is being organized by tech event organizer, Linet Kwamboka, GrowthAfrica and the Nailab. To learn more about this event, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check us out on:
Facebook Page: Startup Weekend